Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Wet Again

I was out of the water for twelve days. Twelve days. On the thirteenth day, yesterday, I finally reentered my watery world. What's that, you ask? Why? Well, my arm did not fall off, but it was hanging by a thin flap of skin. Some duct tape and time off as well as some external rotations has it a little better. I went to the pool and did a short, slow, stroke session of 1,100 yards.

Then I went home and hit Plate City. Since some of my trouble started there, I reduced the number of sets, the weight, the reps, and the exercise selection. Was it worth it to even go? Yes, because injured parts need to be worked. They can't be worked like when they are well, but they need to be moved, and they need a load. A light load, but they need one.

So there you have it. I came back from Arkansas fat. And I was too lazy to go out for a short shuffle. But I feel like I am started back. My shoulder feels better today than it did yesterday. That is a very good sign. Fourteen and fifteen days ago it felt stiff after swimming. It will take a while yet, I know, but I am on the road to recovery. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment