Thursday, September 9, 2021

Fall Euphoria

I usually don't run in the morning since school started back, but I did Wednesday. After waking up not too early, I could not go back to sleep or even get comfortable. It did not take a socket rientist to figure that if I was running by 6:00 a.m., I could do four miles and still not have a problem getting to work on time. So I got up, put on my shoes, and headed out the door. 

It was cool, almost chilly, feeling like fall. Wearing only shorts, shoes, and a T-shirt, I remember thinking that if I was any nippier, I would need sleeves. Thank God for normal weather. In 2019, September was the hottest month of the year.

The birds were out even though the sun was not. I have always heard that the early bird gets the worm. Birds are all early in Greenwood. I shuffled while admiring birds and noticing people. I saw eleven other folks out walking or running. That made me feel lazy because I do this so infrequently, this early morning thing.

I shuffled 4.1 miles and went inside for a shower. Some cereal served for breakfast, then I was off for one of my two short days at work. On Mondays and Wednesdays I am off at noon. Yeah, that is nice.

I ate lunch, took a nap, and then went to the pool where I swam

1,200 22:04
did some stretching
800 14:54
brick kick
250 easy 4:38
 300 - 4:42
 300 - 4:43
 300 - 4:45  The indented part was the main set completed in 23:00 minutes.
 200 - 3:06
 150 - 2:17
350 easy
total: 3,850 yards = 3,518 meters.

Then it was home for the day. Oh, I forgot to mention that just before going to the pool, FedEx delivered my latest package from Titan Fitness. What did I buy? you ask. Two wagon wheels and a pair of collars. The collars were a disappointment because only one of them would work. The wagon wheels, however, were just as much of an upgrade as I thought they would be.

What are wagon wheels? They are forty-five pound plates that look like wagon wheels. They have a much greater diameter than a normal forty-five so with them the bar is farther from the floor. How much farther? Four inches or more. With wagon wheels on my trap bar, I am pulling from just below knee height. I lifted 220 pounds and there was more there. I will get some of it next week.

I did pulling with the wagon wheels. They save me the time and effort of setting the power rack up to pull from higher. I did the chest supported row for more weight than ever. I also did two sets of one-armed bent rows, chins for more weight than ever, and the SkiErg for more meters than ever. Yeah, it was a good workout like that. Not only so, but a breeze blew while I was back there and it felt glorious. I was comfortable. That fall euphoria flooded my soul.

Thank you, Jesus, for a really nice day.

No comments:

Post a Comment