Monday, September 6, 2021

HOD 6

HOD 6 was finally worthy of the name. I trained enough to make a difference. In one sport. Maybe two. But not three. Yeah, those are sentence fragments. Shoot me.

Monday, it was raining, so I did not do the early morning run like I did the week before. But we were off at work, or we went online, and since it was only one day, I had some extra time. I ran, in the rain, 6.54. But you could not get up early in the rain? Go figure. At the pool, I swam 3,800 yards. At the gym I lifted heavy and long. Solid, the day was solid.

Tuesday I did not run. I work late on Tuesdays so I focused on the swim with 3,400 meters in the big pool. That was all.

Wednesday I hit the little pool for 3,650 yards. Then I hit the road for 2.32 miles. I lifted also for my second day of three workouts.

Thursday is the day I have a night class so I only swam with 3,900 yards in the little pool. There was some quality in there and the distance for the week was now 13,773 meters. The roll was on.

Friday I went to the big pool in the morning and got there about the time the ladies did. As I was getting out of my truck, Bk (Bad Katie Jones) rode by and hollered, "Hey Hodge." Nice. She is nice like that when she is not being bad. I went long, or maybe I should say I did a straight swim that was longish. I outlasted the ladies, then Vicki Jee got in and when she stopped I was at 100 more than last week. So I stopped at 4,400 since I wanted to chat with her. My run was only 1.81, but I did one. Then I lifted big so I had a big day before Penny and I went to our favorite Mexican restaurant for a bigger meal. When we got home, I ate a big bag of candy she brought me from the grocery store.

Saturday I usually go light in the pool. This Saturday was no exception. I did 2,150 yards. Later, I mowed the lawn then ran 2.21 miles. In the gym I did pulls and legs. On the legs, I have been really lazy of late. I did one warmup set, and then some Yoke squats working up to 220 pounds. That is a lot of weight for me even though the Yoke squats are partial range of motion. Very partial. How partial? you ask. None of your dang business. I did them and that is what counts.

So for the week, I

ran 12.88 miles,
swam 20,138 meters,
lifted weights four times, and 
SkiErgged 15:40 minutes.

Huh? 

SkiErgged. What I have been calling the New Swim Machine (NSM), I have finally revealed for what it is, a Concept 2 SkiErg. This thing is the cat's meow for dryland swim training. I am convinced it is going to take me to a new level in the water. I kept it secret for a while hoping to gain an edge on Randy Beets. But I know he will not buy one and he is afraid of a gym and too lazy to use one if he went to a gym and they had one. So there, now you know. You might have thought I bought a Vasa trainer. No, the SkiErg has been on my list for a long time. I finally pulled the trigger on the purchase and I'm glad I did.

Thank you, Jesus, for a good week of training plus a week with CC being nice to me. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment