Tuesday, September 21, 2021

De-load

The week started with a bang. NOT! I had things to do. I did not go to the pool. My shoulder is better. I am stretching and doing my external rotations. I ran a short 3.07 miles Monday. After two hours of the Paul Finebaum Show, I realized they were not going to talk about the Mississippi State game and the hosing they got from an SEC crew who obviously were paid off so that State could not win the game. That is not an exaggeration. The punt return was just one of several bad dishonest calls. You can't screw something up that bad by accident. There was clear intent.

So I went to Plate City. Since my latest bench program has gone stale on me, I am making some adjustments to the heavy day. I dropped the working weight to 140 pounds and thought I would try 6 X 6. I did not expect to make six reps on all six sets, but I did. No, I am not going up next week. I am going to work that weight for a while and up the reps. Besides, I will only be able to push once this week so my strength will take a hit there. But I need a de-load. Life usually gives you one. It does this week. Next week, I will start back trying to build my reps at 140. I can remember when four reps at that weight was my PR. 

Praise God for the changing weather and the infinite ways one can lift weights.

No comments:

Post a Comment