Monday, February 7, 2022

BBU 13

BBU 13 was another solid but not stellar week of training. Monday started at Plate City with some serious lifting. Vicki joined us for the first time (right?). I have a forgetter that works overtime. I think she was there for the first time, but maybe it was for the second week. Anyway, we didn't play around but lifted hard. On the road, since it was taper week, I only ran 2.88 miles. In the pool, Tyler and I hit 2,400 yards.

Tuesday, there was more lifting in the cold, dark gym. There is something neat about showing up early and getting work done while the world sleeps. While the world was awake, I hit the road for 2.44 miles. Yeah, not much, but a race is coming up Saturday. The pool? We swam 3,600 yards. Yeah, that is real swimming.

Wednesday was the morning Tyler tapped out. I shed no tears. Fatigue had hit me pretty hard already so I went back to bed, went to sleep, and had to be awakened by my wife. I only ran 2.19 miles leaving me lots of energy to spend in the pool. Tyler was out so I did a straight swim of 3,650 yards.

Thursday is our normal sleep in day, but since we were off from the gym Wednesday, we met and lifted. After work, my shuffle was down all the way to 2.03. Tyler and I only swam 2,000 yards so it was a fairly easy day.

Friday we lifted again, and I ran 1.12 miles. Thursday the news was released that the Mississippi River Marathon and Half was cancelled due to weather. (?!?!?) I don't understand why so many people have trouble with weather forecasts. They are really not complicated. Ice begins to melt at 32 degrees Fahrenheit, so our projected Thursday low of 36 led to all MDCC campuses being closed. Huh? Then the race. It snowed in Texas, so cancel the race in Mississippi. Huh? I swam 2,650 yards and then went home and rested.

Forrest and Vicki and I did our virtual half by meeting at Bankston school and doing an out and back on Money Road. Forrest ran 2:15, Vicki 2:42, and I dragged in at 2:58. After some serious napping, I did my work at the gym.

For the week, I

ran 25.12 miles,
SkiErgged 21:05
biked 7:30
lifted weights five times, and
swam 13,071 meters

That is pretty decent and is certainly moving us towards being ready for quadrathon in June. Thank God for goals. They make life interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment