Tuesday, February 22, 2022

The New Start

The week is started and it began with Pee Wee, me, Tyler, and Vicki meeting at Plate City in a heavy rain. It was great out there with the hard rain coming down on the metal roof. I could have laid on the concrete floor and gone to sleep. But instead, we lifted. Hard. Heavy. Thoroughly. On the bench, I pressed

  20 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 100
  1 X 120
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  3 X 145

Because to the rain, we did not go to Plate City Extended, but did the Viking Press, the triceps pushdowns to finish our weights since they are both under the roof. On the Skierg, we upped the time from 4:35 to 4:40. Yeah, we're bad like that.

Since it was raining lizards and snakes, I went to Twin Rivers to run. I can't wait to get the treadmill at the City replaced. I don't use it often, but it is awfully nice when you need it. I only did 2.42 miles, but that is not only better than a poke in the eye, but it is way better than a punch in the throat.

I met Tyler at the pool, and we swam

  2,200 40:34
  10 X 50 @ 1:30
  300 easy
  He was running a little late, so before he got there, I did 10 X 25 back.
  total: 3,250 yards

We are staring down the gun barrel at the month of March. Then April and May will come. After that, June 2 will be here before we know it. Quadrathon. It's what's for breakfast. It's what's for lunch. It's what's for dinner. It's what we do. It's what we train for. It's our next big thing.

Thank you, Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment