Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Something Stupid on the Way

Another week started with 28 degree air in the dark at Plate City Gym. Tyler was there. Vicki was there. Everybody else is a sissy. We did our push workout which is mostly pressing, bench and log. Also we work the seated dip machine and the SkiErg. We got it done while the world slept. Even the birds were too cold to come out until well after the sun had come up. By then, we were inside with our coffee, breakfasts, and spouses. Yeah, life is good like that.

After work, I went to the pool. Tyler was out that night so I went in alone around midafternoon. I swam

1,500 30:27
400 back
10 X 50 @ 1:16
150 easy
total: 2,550 = 2,330 meters

After dark, I went out for a little shuffle. Still recovering from Saturday's half-marathon, I only did 2.25 easy miles for my 127th straight day of running. Yeah, I'm bad like that. Despite my streak, I am still very slow. I am, however, getting more durable or at least I think I am. That is part of the reason for this streak. For 2023, Tyler and I have a huge plan to do something really great momentous big unbelievable unbelievably stupid. I will not announce this one until probably January of 2023. We still have quadrathon to finish. Stay tuned for something really big and stupid coming from someone who is noted for super stupidity. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment