Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Starting Blocks

BBU 15 has begun. The temps were in the 20s again. Sigh. At Plate City, Tyler was there, Vicki was there, Pee Wee was there, and so was I. I pressed a little more than I have been. On the bench, I did

  20 X 50
  10 X 72
  6 X 100
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  5 X 140
  2 X 145

Vicki even got the bar up for two reps. We are going to make a bench presser out of her yet. Tyler is moving forward. We also did the log press, the seated dip, and we finished with 4:35 on the Skierg. 

On the road, I aimed to beat last week by a little. That is about all I did. Last week, I shuffled 2.25 on Monday. This week, I did 2.59. That is a little better. 

Tyler and I met at the pool. We started with 2,000 straight. His endurance has improved by leaps and bounds. He kept up with me the whole way. In fact, for a while he was dragging me along. After our long warmup, we did 4 X 50 @ WIFL then we shifted to our starting blocks. Simon made us some blocks so we practiced our starts some in anticipation of the State Games of Mississippi. I made five poor, but successful starts and swam a 25 with each. By successful, I mean my goggles did not come off. Tyler had a little trouble. I think he made two of the five successfully. We have to figure it out. We will. 

The total swim was 2,325 yards. That plus the other two workouts made for a pretty good day. Praise God.  

No comments:

Post a Comment