Thursday, February 10, 2022

Longer Days and Warmer Temps

Wednesday morning the temp was 38 degrees in Plate City, a big improvement over 27 of the day before. We did light legs and deadlifting. Since Vicki missed Tuesday, she did both legs and some arm work. Pee Wee was happy to have everyone back. When I go out there, he wants big petting. Then he starts watching the gate. He wants his friends to show up so we can all play and have a good time. He plays with his toys while we lift, every now and then presenting himself to one of us for some attention.

I pulled 235 on the deadlift, which while not a PR, that is a good weight for me. This is laying the foundation for the really stupid stuff I have planned for the future, for 2023. Although the stupid stuff will be an endurance event, my body will need to be strong to hold up to the massive stupidity. Weak things break. Stupid stuff rules.

I was supposed to meet John at the pool. Instead of being late, which he is ten times out of nine, he was about an hour early and was finishing up when I got there. He will NOT show up at the time we agree upon. This is wearing a bit thin after nine and a half years. Because the pool was a little crowded, I did not do any hard swimming. I swam 2,500, 400, 200, all easy, for 3,100 yards. The easy swimming was OK because I felt a little pull on my right rhomboid muscle while doing the Ski Erg this morning. I also felt the muscle in the pool, and I don't want this to get worse and become an injury.

On the road, the weather was mild, but my legs were tired from the day before's 4.25 and the morning's squats and deadlifts. Still I shuffled along for 4.33 miles. The days are getting longer and it shows on both ends of the day. That is a good thing and is a harbinger of warmer days to come. I can't wait. Praise God for the coming spring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment