Monday, February 20, 2023

2/13 - 2/19

I had a pretty good week in the water, a fair one on the road, and a decent one in the gym. It went like this:

Monday, I swam 2,000 yards, ran 2.12 miles on the treadmill, and worked out at Plate City. Win.

Tuesday, I met Tyler at the pool and we did 1,300 before work. After work, I shuffled 2.54 on the mill again. I also hit the gym pretty hard. Win.

It is usually leg day on Wednesday, and this one was no exception, but not before the pool. In the water, I swam 2,250 yards. At the City, I shuffled 2.45 miles, and did my squats. I have cut back some on the squats and during this cycle, I am going to focus more on building up reps in fewer sets rather than building pure strength. Win. 

As unsual as it is, Thursday I did my running on the treamill for the fourth day in a row. Why? Partly it's a mental thing. When I combine my weight training and running, mentally, it feels like one thing rather than two. Also, it saves a little bit of time to do it that way. I did my lifting. I also did my swimming that afternoon stroking 2,350 yards. Win.

Friday was long day in the pool. I hit 4,850 yards before I had to extracate myself from the water to take care of necessary business. Later in the day, I shuffled 2.2 miles on the treadmill and lifted weights. Yeah, that is five days in a row of treadmill running. Win.

For the first and only time of the week, I hit the road Saturday. I got up kind of early and swam 1,400 yards. Then I spent the morning with my son. Later in the afternoon, I hit the road for 9.12 miles. Unlike last Saturday when I actually felt good running, it was a dreadful, plodding shuffle. But. I. Did. It. Win.

For the week, I

  ran 21.13 miles,
  lifted weights five times, and
  swam 13,207 meters
  Win

That is not too bad though a little light on the running. By the way, I downgraded my registration at the Mississippi Trail 50 to a 50K rather than the 50 miler. I am 100% sure that I could not complete 50 miles in their time cutoff. I have, however, a real shot at the 50K, so D Day is in twelve days. Yes, I am a bit apprehensive, but what is life without challenges?

No comments:

Post a Comment