Monday, February 27, 2023

2/20 - 2/26

It was a mixed bag last week. I had some good numbers swimming, but my running fell off the face of the earth. The lifting was OK, but some of the other stuff was non-existent. Oh well, I did what I could. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I started the week off by getting to the City before work last Monday morning. It felt really nice to get up early and get something done. I enjoyed that, hearing the early birds and seeing the squirrels get out of bed. I did my push workout and hit a new PR on the overhead press machine. Later, I did 2,100 in the pool but did not shuffle because of Over 60s.

Tuesday, I swam a short 1,350 yards and ran 5.76 miles. That was my long run of the week. But, I thought you were training for a 50-miler. Well, I cut that back to a 50K, and I am not sure I am headed for success in that. Pushing both the swim and run seem to be pretty difficult for me. When one goes up, the other goes down. The swim has been going up because I have some events upcoming.

The swim practice Wednesday was pretty good. I hit 2,600 yards and then I went home and shuffled 3.71 miles. Since it was so late when I finished my roadwork, I did not lift but saved legs for Saturday. 

Thursday, I did 2,675 yards in the pool, ran 4.06 miles, and lifted at Plate City.

Friday, I did that 5,000 straight and then sort of crashed. I did go to the gym for some pulling. Not only that, but I rode my bicycle to and from the pool, the first time on one of those since Bikes, Blues[,] & Bayous. 

I finished up the week with 1,850 yards Saturday. Later, I shuffled on the tradmill for 2.04 miles, and lifted weights mostly for legs, but I did a little shoulder work also. 

For the week, I

  swam 14,235 meters,
  lifted weights five times,
  bicycled seven miles, and
  ran 17.49 miles

I was disappointed that I did not run more. But I did do some good work in the water. Since the first of the year, my swimming looks like this:

  Week one - 6,992
  Week two - 6,351
  Week three - 1,051
  Week four - 2,878
  Week five - 8,088
  Week six - 13,093
  Week seven - 13,207
  Week eight - 14,235

As you can see, I have been hitting the water really hard the last three weeks. All of those numbers, by the way, are meters. I always convert to meters. After Saturday when I will attempt a 50K, my focus will be almost exclusively on swimming until late July. I will still run and shoot for 20-miles per week. But the really long stuff will be gone. My lifting also will change some to attempt to do more sports specific work. And I hope to swim even more yardage, hoping to hit a few 20,000 meters weeks. That's real training, I don't care who you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment