Saturday, February 18, 2023

I Want it All

Friday morning, I tried to and did lounge a bit. Then I went to the pool. Friday is normally my distance day. Most of the time, that means a straight swim, or it can mean some long sets to achieve a lot of volume. Bear in mind that I train like a sprinter five days out of the week. One day, I go for low end endurance. Friday, I got in aiming for 5,000 yards. I stopped at 4,850 because I had to take care of necessary business. Yes, I could have gotten back into the water, but 4,850 was enough. I swam it in 1:32:44. That is a marked improvement over last week's 4,700 in 1:31:41. That is 150 yards farther in only one minute more time. Yehaa.

After some serious resting, I went to Plate City Gym where I did some small shuffling on the treadmill and lifted some weights. It was pull day so that's what I did. 

Then Penny and I went to Nail's in Stewart for dinner. I ordered and steak and it was good, yeah. I did notice and have a hankering for one of their burgers. They looked good on the menu. 

So what?

They also looked good cooking on the griddle. The kitchen is wide open and you can see them cooking all that good-looking meat. I want it all. Give me a little time, and I will eat it all. It's only forty-five minutes from our house. What is that when a good meal and a new experience is to be had?

No comments:

Post a Comment