Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Rebuilding

It was another long but enjoyable day at work. Once off, I did not take a nap, but instead took a bag of laundry to the cleaners. About time. Then I went to the pool. It was cold in there. The heater was broken and the pumps were not running. The pool thermometer said 76. My body said 79. When I uploaded my practice, my watch recorded it as 76. I swam

  1,000
  20 X 25 no breath
  5 X 50 25/25 free/back
  100 easy
  total: 2,000 yards

You went a little crazy on the no breaths didn't you?

Sort of. There were two of us in the pool, plus Miss Debbie and a couple of students. I don't feel compfortable swimming hard sets with some traffic in there so I stuck with the no breaths.

I opted to do my running on the treadmill. Last Monday, I did not run at all. Now, I feel like my legs are mostly recovered so I ran and lifted. I did three sets of bench presses and five sets on the overhead press machine. I hit a new PR there at 110 pounds. And I shuffled 2.12 miles. The rebuilding has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment