Monday, February 13, 2023

2/6 - 2/12

Well, I had another week. Yes, it was a pretty solid one. One of the main goals of the week was recovery, to recover from the Mississippi River Marathon. Did I do it? Read on and find out.

Monday I swam 1,500 yards and then went to Plate City. I did not run on the treadmill, but instead I did a little gentle walking between sets of my push workout. 

By Tuesday, I felt up to rising early and swimming 1,150 yards before work. Then at the gym I shuffled a little between sets of my pull workout. I totalled 2.01 miles of running.

I swam in the afternoon, Wednesday, for 2,475 yards. Then at the gym, I was tired and uninspired and only shuffled 1.21 miles before going in for the night.

Thursday, however, was the fulcrum of the week. I decided that it was time to get out on the road and run. That's what I did. During the run, my legs seemed to awaken. Not that they felt good, but they felt better, much better. I went 4.24 miles, but by then it was late so I went inside for the night and Plate City remained unoccupied.

I hit both pool and road for longish stuff Friday. In the pool, I went 4,700 yards straight. On the road, I went 5.32 miles. Once more, however, the gym got squeezed out.

I met Tyler at the pool Saturday morning. We swam 2,250 yards for some quality training. Later in the day, I went out for a run with the idea of completing my requisite twenty miles for the week. I ran 7.36. A strange thing happened while I was out there. I felt good and my pace started quickening after four miles. Usually it goes into slow decline. I kept running faster and faster (more accurately, less slow and less slow) and finished strong feeling really good for the first time in forevever it seems. Maybe I am recovered.

At the gym, I had to do everything, and I did legs for the first time since the marathon and push and pull. So it was a solid day completing a fairly solid week. 

For the week, I

  ran 20.14 miles,
  skiergged 2:03
  echobiked :30
  lifted weights three times, and
  swam 13,093 meters

That ain't bad right there, I don't care who you are. My legs came back, and my swimming was good getting both quantity and quality. Thank you, Jesus. Now to do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment