Thursday, February 16, 2023

Two, Four, Six

No, I did not rise early. But I went to work on time and taught my four classes. Yeah, I was tired after that, so I went home and took a nap. Then I went to the pool and met Vicki there for some Senior Olympic Swim Meet training. We swam a new set I dreamed up. I call it the 2, 4, 6 set. I went like this.

  700 warmup
  2 X 100
  4 X 75
  6 X 50 all @ WIFL
  200 easy
  4 X 25 no breath
  10 X 50 25/25 back/free
  250 cooldown
  total: 2,550 yards

The 2, 4, 6 part was pretty intense. That made 800 yards of tough swimming. Then we kept adding stuff on the end to get the volume up. It was a solid practice which should help us both swim much better.

At home, I needed a little rest before getting out on the road. I vascillated between running at Plate City and running on the open road. Eventually, I chose the road and went 2.45 miles. 

Yes, I did go to the City, but only after eating supper and resting a bit more. I did a truncated leg workout, performing only three total sets of squats and one set of extensions and curls. Yes, I used the Hip Ab/Adductor machine. 

So I finished the day with three workouts and good ones at that. Now, as I type this, it is our Friday at work. The weekend starts today at 1:30. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment