Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunday Summary

Overall it was a good training week and a much better start to the year than 2012 was. For the week I

ran- 28.15
walked- 17.02
lifted weights- 1X UB; 1X LB
spent 61 minutes on the bike trainer
swam 10,099.7 meters.

Compared to last year, I am 47 miles ahead on the running, but I am behind 187 meters in the water. My goal for the upcomming week is to make up the swimming shortfall and pull ahead by one or two thousand meters. At this time last year, I knew I wanted to do a birthday swim, but that was about all. This year, I already have many of the details worked out, and since I will be swimming an extra two-miles, I have more motivation and need to build my endurance early.

The problem so far has been the frequency of the DSU pool closings. Friday, I had to leave early because of a snafu with a swim meet. The meet was scheduled for Saturday, but when the opposing coach called DSU's coach and told him his team would be there at 1:00 pm, my practice got cut short.

I am still trying to get into MVSU's pool. No one there will talk with me, but I am going to resume my phone campaign next week.If that doesn't work, I plan on driving over. If I can get into that pool just one day per week, it would add a lot of distance to my totals that I've never had this time of year. Anyway,

No comments:

Post a Comment