Thursday, January 10, 2013

Tuesday 200s

It has been a good training week thus far. I am beginning to get a little confidence back after my latest Achilles flareup. Lately, the problems have been fewer, farther apart, and I've bounced back quicker from the setbacks. It's about time. Four years of limited running has changed my athletic identity from runner to swimmer. But I'm starting to feel like a runner again although I am not running well, just doing it.

Monday I watched on an Alfred Hitchcock movie while I did a 45:00 trainer ride and then shuffled 3.2 miles. Tuesday I shuffled 6.31, walked 1.46, and then did a little strength work, which consisted of 3 X 4 walking squats and 16 X 55 regular squats. It was then off to Masters at DSU where I swam

950
5 X 200 as 150 swim/50 kick
5 X 200 pull with paddles
5 X 200 negative split
150 easy

Randy was there for the first time in a while. It was good to see him. We didn't fight or anything.

Wednesday I pedalled another 46:00 minutes to some Hitchcock and then shuffled 3.57 and walked 1.17 in the rain. I love running in the rain, but only when it is warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment