Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Chupacabra and Summary

No joke, I saw a chupacabra. I'll just cut straight to the point. If you have never seen one, or a picture of one, you certainly would think you had seen some undiscovered species. Running just north of town near a small copse of woods bordering a ditch, I saw movement and then a strange monster I tried desperately to photograph. He disappeared into the ditch before I could get my phone out of my fuel belt. I did wade into the ditch and then hearing him in a culvert, I stuck my phone over the opening and snapped several pictures. This is all I got.

He was a coyote without hair. You can't believe how different they look. The head looks huge, the tail is pencil thin, the back legs look way longer than the front. In short, if I had not seen pictures on Monster Quest and known the result of DNA testing, you could never convince me this was a known species.

It was a pretty good week training wise. I spent 155.75 minutes on the bike trainer, ran 23.84 and walked 5.96 miles, but only swam 2,604.9 meters. The holidays always take a toll on my swimming, but I will be trying to push things up now that we are in the new year.

Speaking of the new year, my resolution is to beat Randy Beats in all three world championship events to be the first person to win the Big Ass Endurance Triple Crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment