Friday, January 25, 2013

More Play

My running has taken another direct hit from Satan. What else is new. Anyway, Wednesday I did another upper body weight session that had me getting out of bed on the next morning greeted by extremely tired upper body muscles. I love that.

Not only do I love that, apparently my muscles also are fond of resistance training followed my endurance work followed my resistance training followed by, well you get the point. Despite my pecs and biceps and shoulders, I felt like a boss in the water Thursday night. With Cagri out, I got there early and swam

1,600
The DSU pool set up for short course
Then I talked stopped on the wall and talked to Margaret and Randy and we decided to do the practice that Cagri sent someone to write on the board for us. We did

4 X 100 @ 2:00
3 X 200 pull @ 4:00 (he wrote 3:00 but we can't make that)
4 X 100 @ 1:50
3 X 200 pull @ 4:00
4 X 100 @ 1:40 fins
3 X 200 pull @ 4:00
100 easy
12 X 50 @ :50

Then Randy and I did

1,000
My total was 6,300 yards = 5,758.2 meters.

It was nice to see Margaret back. She has been ill, and I've missed her presence in the pool since she always makes me swim a little harder than I would if she weren't there. It was even nice to see Randy. No one even had to call Campus Police or anything. We didn't come close to fighting which is highly unusual for us. Actually it's not that unusual. Normally we get along pretty well until our competitions start drawing near. He is training for the COWS (Chattanooga Open Water Swimmers) Polar Bear Swim in February. He challenged me to do it, and at first I agreed but I've since fallen by the wayside. I have totally lost my mojo for cold water swimming. Maybe next year.

The build has started for the Chicot Challenge. It was only a couple of weeks ago that Margaret was handing me my butt on a 30 X 100 set. Now I am passing out the gifts. I felt so good in the water last night that I drove home with an inner glow.

3 comments:

  1. I googled cold water sissy blog thinking I'd find you but nothing came up! :D

    What happened to your running? Last I checked Satan was frozen waste deep in a lake gnawing on a couple dudes. Kinda figured he wouldn't be able to interfere with your training from down there. =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sore shin that I think is only a tendon and maybe will go away quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping it's not a stress fracture. Anyway, when the running goes down, the swimming goes up.

    ReplyDelete