Wednesday, January 23, 2013

While the Cat's Away

Monday my wife and I went to Jackson and I got my Powertap fixed and reinstalled on my bicycle. Also, I purchased a Bosu Ball that I think will be a good addition to my backyard gym. When we got home, I did 22:00 on the bike trainer (enjoyed being able to track my cadence and wattage), shuffled 1.61 miles, walked .45 and then did a huge upper body weight session.

Tuesday I did another short trainer ride and ran 2.81 miles. It was then time to be off to Masters swim. Our coach of the Delta Aquatic Masters (yes, I'm a dam swimmer) is out of town for the week. He left practices in the possession of one team member, but I started a little early and by the time the practice arrived on deck, I had scoped out my practice in my own mind and didn't want to change. I did

1,000
400 back kick/swim with fins
32 X 100 @ 2:00
300 kick with fins
4 X 150 with paddles @ 3:00 small, medium, large, and extra-large
200 back kick/swim with fins
200 easy
Total: 5,900 yards = 5,392.6 meters.

He'll be out again Thursday so most likely I will take the opportunity to get in as many yards as possible. You know what they say: While the cat's away the mice will play. I like to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment