Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Chicot Verses 8

As the time draws inexorably nearer, I find myself thinking, swimming, and praying more and more. I keep looking back at last year's training journal and comparing my progress now versus then. I am a little ahead of 2015 if you count from January until now. 

Lately, I find myself not only looking back at my old training journal but also at the Bible seeking encouragement. Look at the word "encouragement." Look at its parts: en (in) + courage. To encourage someone is to put courage inside them. Early spring is always stressful for me as I attempt to ramp up my training but have to fight against forces that are more powerful than me. My courage literally falters at times and fear begins to creep in. The kind of distances I swim in the Chicot Challenge are not to be trifled with. I respect any marathon or ultra-marathon be in on water or land as should anyone. In the Bible I find food for my soul, encouragement in my spiritual walk, and even courage for my swimming efforts. Today's verse speaks directly to me and what I am attempting to accomplish:

Delight yourself in the LORD:
And He will give you the desires
of your heart. 
(Psalm 37:4)

I think no commentary is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment