Thursday, May 19, 2016

Chicot Verses 9

My reason for choosing to reflect on this passage, Proverbs 6:6-11, should be obvious enough. For many years, I had a recurring dream. The incidentals of the dream changed, but the elements were always the same. In short, there was a special service scheduled at my church. Car loads of people began to drive up, and then I realized I had not studied and had no message. Once, the situation was exacerbated by me having muddy shoes. A sense of dread and sorrow always came over me. Why had I not prepared? How did I get caught off base?

I am lounging around the house at this very moment trying to get my mind right to go to the pond and knock out another big swim. I am tired. It is way cool outdoors and the thought of wading into water right now is not pleasant. June 4th cometh. At times like this, I turn to God's Word, to past experience, to anything that can light a fire under my hinder parts. Lord help me.



6 Go to the ant, thou sluggard; consider her ways, and be wise:
Which having no guide, overseer, or ruler,

8 Provideth her meat in the summer, and gathereth her food in the harvest.

9 How long wilt thou sleep, O sluggard? when wilt thou arise out of thy sleep?

10 Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep:

11 So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man. (KJV)

No comments:

Post a Comment