Saturday, May 14, 2016

Day Four: Swim Some More

On the fourth day of Christmas, I mean of my freedom, I did a 5.21 mile multi-paced run the in morning and then retired to the house to feed, rest, and ready myself for an afternoon swim. I thought John was going to make his debut for the year but not to be. He has some issues at home so was out again.

According to the Weather Channel app on my phone, there was a 100% chance of rain starting at 4:00 pm. Consequently, I jumped into the pool around 1:30 thinking I had two and a half hours. But it was not to be. I did a long warm up of 2,600 and had in mind some 100s on 2:00 to follow, but when I stopped I heard thunder. The sky to the west was growing dark. Then I saw a flash of lightning. I don't take chances with lightning. Swim done.

I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get a long swim done, but since Friday was coming up and the weather was supposed to be clear all day, I went home, rested, and began packing my stuff for a long one at the pond. As of Thursday, I had 24,138 meters swum in four days. I don't know it that is a personal record or not, but it has to be close. My hope now is for a monster swim Friday. I'll let you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment