Monday, May 22, 2017

5/15 - 5/21

It was another strange week. I have had lots of those this time around. The totals were pretty good but with only three days in the water I feel a little strange, untrained. It went like this.

Monday I got a big one in at D10 with 8.22 miles. Eight-milers are always good. Tuesday I was laid up with kidney stones. Wednesday I passed two stones and then went out for a short 3.33 afterwards. Thursday did another big one, 10.4 miles. That is my longest training swim ever and it popped me pretty hard.

I intended to swim Friday but I was tired and had things I needed to do around the house like mow the lawn and word on Plate City Gym. Believe it or not, I do like to do things other than swim, and I even need to do other of these other things. Saturday, I studied, did some work on Plate City, made some visitation for the church, and intended to go out for another short swim. But once home, I became lethargic and stayed in. Only three swims, but 35,315 meters. Strange as it may seem, I am nervous about my fitness. The scarcity of swims and the lack of running has cast a cloud of doubt into my mind. What else is new?

Chicot is less than two weeks away. 

Lord, I believe. Help thou mine unbelief. 

No comments:

Post a Comment