Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Stoned

I got stoned Tuesday. 

Really, I did. 

So bad that I couldn't train, and I am plenty tired of missing workouts. It's a bit late for that.

It's been building for some time now. Actually about thee weeks ago or more. A dull pain is normally the start and that pain can last seven to ten days. Then the pain vanished for a week or so and I forgot all about it. But it returned for a more days. The stone dropped into my bladder and bounced around in there for almost a week until it began its slow trek from the bladder to freedom.

I mowed the front lawn this morning but after that things became more difficult. I've been lounging all afternoon and getting anxious about tomorrow. I have to train Wednesday. Even if it has not passed, I will be in the water. Moving about with a stone that low is sort of a two-edged sword. Activity normally reduces pain and that is a good thing. Sort of. It reduces pain because the body tightens and that slows or stops the stone's movement. That's a bad thing because the more it moves, the faster it passes. So pain is a good only it hurts. A lot.

This latest round of suffering has reminded me of a Bible verse: 

In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you (1 Thessalonians 5:18). 

So when the stone moves, I grit my teeth, groan, and say, "Thank you Jesus."

Now help me get this thing out. Please. I need to train. 

She feels my pain.

CC seems to know I don't feel well. She's been hanging out with me, and although she is always sweet, she has been more so today.

Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment