Saturday, May 27, 2017

Benchmark Swim

I have several benchmark swims I try to do before Chicot each year. I did one today, one week before the swim. A good judge of my ability to swim all day is to swim for four hours, nonstop and without nutrition. Today, I checked that one off the list. I swam 7.23 miles in four hours and nine minutes. I did get a little tired and a little hungry, but according to what I've experienced in the past, I should be ready. Now to get the mind right. I am getting a little excited, but at the same time I feel like I am sleep walking.

Now to swim down a little next week. This week was a reduction of training from the week before and this long swim was shorter than my long swims of late. But next week will be a radical taper. The pool is still not open so I will have to drive to the pond every day for some short swims.


Praise God for that beautiful sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment