Thursday, November 7, 2019

A Quick Visit

A Quick Visit
by Jay Unver

(Lehrton, Mississippi) When I went into the office Wednesday afternoon, I had a note on my desk that Zane Hodge was attempting a new world record that night. So I made plans to show up at Plate City Gym.

I arrived just in time to see that Hodge had a new piece of equipment, an eight inch log from Titan Fitness. He lifted the bar, which weights 52 pounds empty, and pressed it four times. 

"A new record," he informed me.

"That's not much weight," I protested.

"It's the most anyone in the Association has done. More than Beets has done. And it will go up."

"While I am here, have you guys settled Virtual Meet 4?" 

"Yes," Hodge answered. "The meet is on. We are swimming 700, 100, and 300."

"In that order?"

"Yes. Don't say I'm not a nice guy. That is what he requested, and I agreed. You know me. I had rather do the 700 last because that is the order we swim in the Senior Olympics. But, Beets chose."

"Wow. Sounds like someone is mellowing in his old age."

"May-bee."

"Well, I guess I will see you at the pool."

"Don't be late," he said as I crawled over the fence to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment