Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Truncated Tuesday

The best laid plans of mice and men. How does that saying go? I had big plans Tuesday, but you can't cash promises, plans, or daydreams. I did start hard, on pace, on schedule with a big practice at the pool. I went in again after 10:00 a.m. and swam

1,400 25:25 (1:48)
7 X 50 @ 1:09
250 medium paddles
7 X 50 @ 1:09
250 medium paddles
7 X 50 @ 1:09
250 medium paddles
800 small paddles
100 finger paddles
total: 4,100 yards = 3,747 meters

That't two straight days of plus 4,000 yards. I am getting ready for the Mississippi State Senior Olympics and Chicot Challenge IX. They are both still a ways out there, but I want to perform better than last year in each event.

After lunch, rest, and cats, I shuffled 4.65 miles. That is a little more than I usually do on an easy day, but being off work I thought this would be a good week for some volume. Thursday I plan to run to Hillbilly Heaven. I have one more day before that run to try to ride the rail between getting in miles and recovering enough to make that long run.

I had planned to move my squat day to Tuesday to get me a better shot at having a successful shuffle on Thanksgiving. But it began to rain, and not just a little. I could have gone to Twin Rivers but I lost motivation once Moonshiners came on. I'll talk more about that later. It was still a good day. I did do a set of twenty air squats to get some leg work in. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment