Thursday, November 28, 2019

Another Truncated Day

Being off work is supposed to mean I can train as much as I want to. Yeah, that and a few other fairy tales I still cling to. I went to the pool at 10:10. I was the only one there for a while. Linda Gail came in and then so did Gloria Hathcock. We three know how to coexist in a small pool. I swam

1,400 27:06 (1:55)
22 X 100 @ 1:58
400 medium paddles
total: 4,000 paddles = 3,656 meters

How is that for simplicity? Did you notice the 100s set? What's that you ask? How far will I go with it? I don't know. All sorts of things are going through my head like continuing to add and subtract as well as spitting it into two sets with some paddle work in between. I can think of so many Beetsdown varieties. That's one thing I love about swimming. You could swim everyday for a lifetime and never exhaust the possibilities of new workouts. But can't you do that with running, you ask. Theoretically yes. But in practice, running, fast running,  is so much more hard on the legs, the muscles and joints, that most of the time now I just shuffle. The hard stuff leaves me in bed wondering why I can't walk.

I did shuffle, 3.26 miles worth. That gives 16.32 for the week. Now if I can get in the run to Hillbilly Heaven I will have a big week even if I don't take another step.

I was planning on and needing a session at Plate City. Then John called and needed some help. That took two hours plus and by the time I was finished, I was very hungry and had cancelled my coaching session with Brad. That makes two days in a row with no gym. Thanksgiving will be three and Black Friday will be four. Make it stop, God, make it stop.

Right now I am up early. I just finished my big bowl of cereal with a banana. The cats are still on the back porch as I am trying not to wake the wife. After I type this, I will start stretching and getting dressed. It is a bit cool out. The adventure beckons. I will answer the call. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment