Monday, February 14, 2022

BBU 14

Once more, I chose the words: adequate, solid, decent, but not: great, super, or praiseworthy to describe Big Build Up number 14. Monday started as usual with the gym in the dark and in the cold. We worked hard and got it done. On the road, recovering from the half marathon, I only ran 2.25 miles. In the pool, Tyler and I swam 2,550 yards. So with the weights, roadwork, and swimming, I did enough to move me forward in quadrathon preparation.

Tuesday we lifted again. I ran again for 4.03 miles, and in the pool I hit 3,050 yards. Wednesday we lifted. I shuffled another four miles, this time 4.33. In the pool, I totaled 3,100.

Thursday was our sleep in day. I only ran 3.22 and was so lazy that I failed to go to the pool. I needed the rest, I told myself, but looking back, that excuse never seems adequate.

Friday we lifted. I did not do any pulling because I had a muscle in my back giving me a little grief. On the road, I fell off to 3.09 miles. In the pool, I continued my laziness by swimming 3,500. What? Laziness? Yes, it was a straight swim which is what I always do when I want to do anything. When I feel that way, if I stop, I stop so I just keep swimming. That way, at least I get some volume in, and there is value in that.

Saturday, I slept later than normal and finally dragged out of bed for a 5.06 mile run. I wasn't feeling it. I did not swim. I thought to not lift, but I repented and went outside just in time to see it snow, all three flakes. It was wonderous. I did squats and inventoried Plate City's Olympic plates. We have 2,409 pounds not counting maybe another ton of one-inchers. 

Sunday I always rest, but I did to the small shuffle of 2.09 miles to keep the streak going. For the week, I

swam 11,149 meters,
cycled 8:00 on the stationary bicycle,
lifted weights five times,
ran 24.06 miles, and
Skiergged 22:30

So what needs to happen now is Tyler and I have to start getting into some kind of cycling shape. That is kind of difficult this time of year, but he just got his bicycle from the shop and is ready to go. Yeehaa. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment