Thursday, February 24, 2022

Making Changes

I am kind of slow so it took awhile for me to realize that we needed to change our heavy leg day to Wednesday. When I mentioned it to Tyler, he said he had been thinking the same thing. For various reasons, Saturday has been the most interfered of our training days. So we made the shift Wednesday morning lifting heavy on the legs, squats, leg curls, leg extensions, and calf raises. Of course we finished with the Skierg, 4:40 to be exact. 

My laziness continued after work. I only ran 1.12 miles for the day. It was raining, I was tired, I was pressed for time.

At the pool, Tyler had to cancel for a meeting. I swam

  1,650 31:32
  500 back 11:41
  6 X 50 @ WIFL 25 back/25 breast (best 1:01)
  150 easy
  13 fly
  total: 2,613 yards

Yeah, that's 13 yards of fly. I am good like that. I am going to learn to swim it. Also, I am working on the breast stroke. I will swim one breast event at the Mississippi Senior Olympics. I have made this commitment to make myself a better all around swimmer. Next year, I hope to have my fly up to where I can do an IM, a real IM not our Redneck IM. Last year, I added the backstroke, the best of my bad strokes. This year, I add the breast. Next year the IM.

Thank you, Jesus, for goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment