Monday, February 28, 2022

BBU 16

The last full week before March has come and gone. We are closer to Quadrathon. We are closer to death. We are closer to the return of Jesus. Monday was raining lizards and frogs so I went to Twin Rivers for a dreadmill run. I did 2.42 miles. Oh, but first we worked out at Plate City. At 6:00, Tyler and I met at the pool for 3,250. I think Tyler was there. I was.

Tuesday, we lifted again. On the road, I did 2.14. In the pool, I swam 1,750. Yeah, I was lazy like that.

Wednesday morning we hit the legs hard at the city. Consequently, I hit the road gently with only a 1.12 mile run. In the pool, however, I was good for 2,613. Huh? I did a tad over half a length of butterfly. Yeah, I am determined like that.

Thursday we slept in. On the road, I shuffled 4.21 miles, and in the pool I swam 2,250. Tyler was there that night. We worked on sprints and dive starts.

Friday we lifted double duty as is our schedule now. I only ran 2.3 miles, but in the pool I busted out 5,000 yards non-stop. That is good for basic endurance which helps on anything you swim for time from 200 yards and up.

Saturday was a nice one. I ran 11.42 miles. After nutrition, naps, and leisure, I went to Plate City and hit those legs like I was mad at them. It was one of those glorious days when the rain pelting the metal roof gave that ineffable ambiance that made me happy just to be alive. Thank you, Jesus.

Sunday, I preached, we ate at Captain D's, and then napped. Late afternoon, I went out for a short shuffle giving me 147 days of uninterrupted training. It was a good week. 

For the week, I

  ran 25.2 miles,
  swam 13,583 meters,
  cycled 10:00 minutes,
  lifted weights five times, and
  Skiergged 18:40

That is real training right there, I don't care who you are. Quadrathon is coming and we plan to be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment