Tuesday, February 1, 2022

The Next Training Cycle Begun

The next week of training for the Crazy Man Quadrathon has started. We, Tyler, Vicki, and I met in the cold, in the dark, in the best gym in town in Leflore County in Mississippi in the South-east in America in North America in the Western World in the world. It was push day and after only two sets in Tyler announced that he was stronger. I was stronger than last week also when I had the sinking spell and could not finish my reps for the fifth set of bench presses. We hit it hard, and Vicki did her first every upper body workout, if you don't count swimming. 

Since Vicki, Forrest, and I are running the Mississippi River Half Marathon this Saturday, I only shuffled 2.88 miles. It is time to start tapering for the race where I was caught and passed by walkers last year. It happened. It hurt. I am still in counseling over that. 

I met Tyler at the pool at 6:00. We swam

1,850 37:00
3 X 50 @ WIFL
3 X 50 breast @ 2:06
200 back
50 easy
total: 2,400 yards = 2,193 meters

Tyler swam a 50 for time. What did he do? From a push off the wall, he did 30.27. That is way faster than I can do on my best day. I am going to unleash a beast on the swimming world at the State Games this year. Plate City is coming, coming to win.

So not bad. We are going to do the quadrathon like the two toxically masculine males we are. We are bad like that. Thank you, Jesus, for the vision, drive, and health you have given us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment