Wednesday, February 16, 2022

New Circuit

Tuesday morning was cold but not bitter cold like Monday. We met, in the dark, but Vicki was absent. Overslept was what she said. Tyler and I did our pull workout: chest supported rowing, lat pulldown, curls for the girls, the Swim Pull, and we started something else. We finished with a little circuit of the swim cords, the Skierg, back to the swim cords. We did thirty reps on the cords, immediately going into 4:35 on the erg, then back to thirty reps on the cords. Ouch. That might not sound tough, but it is a heart rate thing that works the fast twitch fibers of the swimming muscles as well as their endurance. With the Swim pull, which works the strength of the swimming muscles, we get an all around dryland that should make us more fit and faster in the pool.

After work, I tried to rest, but I needed to study for class so that is what I did. Finally, around 3:30, I dragged out for a 5.8 mile run that included a couple of pick ups. I did two .25s and one .1 mile pushes that I hope begins to quicken me up a bit. I did these on Wade Road which has been resurfaced and is now a nice place to run. When I finished I was tired.

I went to the pool around 6:00. Two other swimmers were there. I got in the center between the two lanes. I only swam

1,050
50 back
50 breast/free
total: 1,150

I was tired and tapped out way too early. But sometimes that happens. The fatigue builds up and all I want to do is go home and go to bed. But I did something which is 238 times better than nothing. Praise God.

No comments:

Post a Comment