Friday, July 1, 2022

Morning Swim and Running Adventures

For the first time this year, for the first time ever, Tyler and I met at Twin Rivers at 6:00 a.m. John and I used to swim in the mornings a lot. I had forgotten how peaceful things are the pool that time of day. The only people we saw wee birds and, and they didn't get in our way. 

We had a simple practice: two sets, a 1,000 meter warmup, and a 1,000 meter countdown set. I swam the warmup in 21:10, a little quick for me because T was pushing it. On the countdown set, I swam 20:50. Since that set ended with 125 meters easy, I figured that was an adequate cool down. That was it, 2,000 meters with some quality and not a hint of shoulder pain. Yehaa.

I did a few more books, moving some out of the backseat of my truck and getting them placed. Then I went to Plate City where I did a push workout, some Skiergging, and a one-mile walk on the treadmill. A one-mile walk. Yeah, I plan to build that up a bit over time. I hit the legs really hard on Wednesday and plan to run long on most Fridays, so Thursday is going to be easy-on-the-legs day. 

So it was a good day, two solid workouts and some lower-body recovery. Not only that, but it rained and we needed that rain. Last week, I irrigated the front yard and was about to start on the back. The front needed it again, but the back was dying. The rain was a God send. Now I will not have to irrigate for a few weeks at least. 

Now I feel free, free to strap on my pack and hit the road and that is exactly what I plan to do. There is a road not too far from the Hideout and I plan to run it today. I feel a touch of adventure in my belly. That is incredible that I can still find places to run around here that I have never set foot on. Last night as I was lying in bed, I was thinking of two more running adventures that I can take from my front door. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment