Monday, February 6, 2023

1/30 - 2/5

The event finally got here, but I have already written about that. Read about it in the previous blog post. Last week, I had a taper week, but with the marathon, I still got in a good bit of volume. Monday morning I was in the pool for 1,100 yards. That afternoon I shuffled 4.11 miles and went to the gym for some good work on the legs. I maxed my squat for a two pound PR. 

Tuesday morning I once more swam but only did 700 yards. I got a late start and had to get out early. I ran on the treadmill for 3.25 miles and did my push workout.

MDCC campuses were closed Wednesday and Thursday due to weather. I took the opportunity to bump up my swim endurance and did a 4,100 yards straight swim after sleeping a little longer than normal. Life is good. At the gym, I again ran on the treadmill for 2.76 miles and performed my pull workout.

Thursday was 1,700 in the morning at the pool and only 1.25 on the treadmill. I hit shoulders hard at the gym. Friday, besides spending time with my wife, all I did physically was to swim 1,250 yards.

You know what Saturday was. No, it was not hump day. It was the Mississippi River Marathon. I ran it, or I ran 20.16 miles of it, but had to walk some. I went, I saw, I was conquered.

For the week, I

  swam 8,088 meters,
  skiergged 4:20 minutes,
  walked 6.1 miles,
  ran 31.53 miles, and
  lifted weights four times

Hey, that wasn't bad. The running numbers were decent, I set a PR in the gym, and the swim yardage was okay. Right now, the chief goal is the recover from the marathon. Doing the 26.2, however, really put some questions into my mind about the Mississippi Trail 50. I am not sure I am fit enough to do 50 miles right now, and I really doubt I can make the cutoff. So the question is, will I go, make the trip, toe the line? I don't know. Stay tuned. Better yet, offer some prayers for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment