Friday, February 3, 2023

Bad Weather Day Two

"All MDCC campus locations will be closed for classes on Thursday, February 2. Students should check Canvas for assignments," read the text. Yehaa and praise the Lord.

I used the bathroom (I know, TMI), scrolled through Facebook for a bit, then went back to sleep. Yeah, I dozed off another hour then felt like living when I woke up the second time. After that, it was business as usual.

You know the drill: coffee, cats, studying, blogging, and YouTube videos. Oh yeah, I had some work to do for the school, which I dutifully performed. About the time Penny asked me if I wanted her to make another pot of coffee, I answered, "No, I'm going to the pool." 

Wednesday I did quantity. Thursday was time for quality. I swam

  1,200 warm up
  3 X 50 fast @ WIFL
  2 X 25 no breath 
  1 X 75 fast
  25 no breath
  150 back stroke
  total: 1,700 yards

That wasn't enough. I am aware. But I'm tapering for a marathon, and yes that makes a difference. Different muscles, you say. But one same muscle: the heart.

Yes, I went to Plate City. How could I resist? I was cold and pouring rain. I wasn't going to run on the road, and I wasn't going to miss hanging out with Pee Wee while rain pelted that metal roof. Even though it had only been forty-eight hours since my last push workout, I could not resist that new overhead press machine. I ran 1.27 miles on the treadmill and did seven sets on the machine setting a new PR at 100 pounds. Yeah, since I've had it, I've set a new record every time I've used it.

It was great out there. I don't know what Paul Finebaum was talking about, but he was playing, the rain was pelting, and I was smiling. Thank you, Jesus, for a productive and enjoyable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment