Friday, February 24, 2023

A Strong Day

No, I did not get out early Thursday morning. I set my alarm to go to Plate City before work, but I opted for rest instead. After work, however, I hit the pool and swam

  1,400 28:22
  3 X 200 rest 1:00 (3:21, 3:19, 3:16)
  100 easy
  4 X 25 no breath
  100 back
  2 X 50 25/25 breast/free
  25 easy
  300 easy
  total: 2,675 yards

I took inspiration from Alaina on the 200s. I was proud that each one was a little bit faster. I only did three, but next time I will either do four or do 250 on the first one and slowly work the set up until it covers some major yardage.

After some rest at home, I went out for a 4.06 mile run. It was slow and did not feel good. But I did it. Win.

I went to the City. I skipped the bench and focused on one move: the overhead press on my still favorite machine, Titan's Overhead Press and Deltiod Machine. My top set was 7 X 130 which was as high as I have gone on that move.

So, I finished the work week out with three workouts. I like that. Now, Luvie is keeping me company while I drink coffee and peck on this computer. Penny just left for a women's conference which means I don't have to gain weight tonight. I will miss our meal, but try to take advantage of the opportunity to maybe lose an ounce of weight. My truck is in the shop, so I am sort of stuck until I get it back. But I don't have any deadlines today. I can run tonight if that what it takes to get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment