Thursday, February 23, 2023

A Little Mortar in the Brick

Wednesday was back to a long day at work. I like it, though. After work, I made my way to the pool for some serious training. Vicki showed up with a practice she had printed off the internet. It had a lot of stroke work in it. I was OK with that, so we did her practice. It went something like this:

  50 I swam before she got in
  550 we were to swim 500 but I lapped her for some more volume
  2 X 100
  2 X 100 back
  2 X 50
  3 X 100 descend one to three (1:50, 1:45, 1:38)
  Then it was a bunch of IM stuff. I substituted on the butterfly
  400 back that was my cooldown
  total: 2,600 yards

I was satisfied with that since it gave me 50 yards more than this day last week, and it hit my backstroke hard. I also did some breast stroke which is not something I can often make myself do very often when I am alone. I find that stroke very taxing.

Back home, I took some rest and drank some Kool Aid. Then I went out in the dark for some roadwork. I went 3.71 miles and then went in for the night. No, I did not go to the City. It was too late, and I was too tired.

After supper, I chilled with Luvie. CC has been acting strange lately. When she pulls away, the other cats fill the vacuum. But she is the one I want to snuggle with. Oh well, such is life. We take what we can have. Luvie is a sweet boy. He is named Luvie because he is so loving. I sometimes feel sorry for him because CC has beaten him up many times for simply trying to get close to me. He is getting his time now. That is something to be thankful for. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment