Saturday, February 25, 2023

The Day

I am told that the Jewish people simply call it "The Day." We, non-Jews, call it "the Day of Atonement." The Bible actually calls it "the Day of Atonements." With the risk of sounding sacriligious, that is how I think of Friday. It is "The Day." It is the day I get to put the gear selector in neutral. It is the day I get to hang out with cats and drink coffee. It is the day I take the gear selector out of neutral and put it into gear, sometimes high gear. I run, I swim, I lift weights. And I get to do it all in spades. 

Yehaa.

This time, Penny was going out of town with one of our church members to a womeon's conference. Before she left, she picked my up from the shop where I left my truck. Of course I thought I would get it back before the day ended. A mid-morning call, however, informed me that I would be truckless until next week. 

!!! 

But it's the Day!

Well, I don't need a truck to lift weights or to run. I could use one, however, to get to the pool. Yes, I could run there. I have done that in the past. But despite the mild weather, it is still a bit cool to be wet and outdoors at the same time. Not to worry, I got my old mountain bike out, aired the tires, and headed off to Twin Rivers. At the pool, I celebrated "The Day" by going 5,000 yards straight in 1:36:12.

By the time I finished, it was growing dark. Yeah, I waited too long to leave the house. I did ride home not fully dry in the not cold but cool air. By the grace of God, I made it without mishap. 

Back home, I rested, took some light nutrition, and went to the City. Out there, I ran on the treadmill and did some pulling. Pee Wee played with his toys between bouts of watching the window, looking for Penny to come feed him. I had a nice workout with no need to hurry since I was baching for the night. Back inside, I warmup up a hamburger patty, made me a burger, and enjoyed my meal. The Day, this one, was a nice one.

No comments:

Post a Comment