Sunday, February 26, 2023

Pool Collapse

Since Penny was gone, I slept a little later than usual, made coffee, and drank the whole pot. I did not get to the pool until a bit after noon. I rode my bicycle over there and swam

  1,100
  5 X 100 r 30 (1:34, 1:35, 1:35, 1:35, 1:39)
  150 easy
  50 fast
  50 back
  total: 1,850 yards

I had intended to swim some more 50s and do more backstroke. But I was tired, and I had one of those pool collapses. That happens sometimes when training alone. That's why it helps to have a training partner. When you get tired, you feed off your partner's energy, and you don't want to be the one who taps out first. Alone in the pool, it's easy to say, "That's enough."

Apparently, Thursday's 5,000 hit me harder than I thought. When I got home, my whole upper body felt blown out. My traps were tired, my shoulders and triceps were gone, and I was just generally shot. I ate some food and after eating, I went to sleep.

I had also planned to run seven miles or more. After my nap, however, I knew that was out. The whole week had caught up with me. I did go to the City and shuffle some on the treadmill. I went 2.04 miles. I also did my squats and even a little shoulder work. I pressed 140 on the overhead press machine. Not bad for an old man who was too tired to get out on the road. Thus, I had a pretty good day after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment