Thursday, February 2, 2023

Bad Weather Day One

It was nice. The bad weather day. We received a text around a quarter to six that all campuses of MDCC would be closed Wednesday due to the weather. Well, that wasn't bad news. Immediately, I booted my computer and began to put assignments on Canvas. Since we were working on things in all my classes, it wasn't too difficult to direct them to continue or finish what we had started. So I was through in about an hour.

What did I do then?

Three guesses. Yes, I drank coffee, petted cats, and wrote a blog post. Then I went to the pool, and since my numbers have been so bad of late, I thought it would be a good opportunity to do a straight swim. Heck, I had the time. I went 4,100 yards straight. That should add some endurance back into my swimming muscles. It took me one hour, twenty minutes, and thirty seconds. I can't do that before work.

After the pool, I came home, fixed some lunch, and rested. Yeah, I needed the rest. Around mid-afternoon, I went to Connerly's to get a new pair of Hokas. I will need them Saturday. Twenty-six point two on a worn out pair of running shoes spells severely sore legs, maybe injured ones.

Back home, I really wanted to get out on the road and test drive the new shoes. But it was cold and raining. Not happening. Instead, I will give you three guesses as to what I did. You got it. The City was calling my name. I did my running there (2.76 miles) as well as lifting weights. I did my pull workout and no, I could not resist doing one set on the overhead press machine. I love that thing.

Now I am wondering if I should lift today. Doing legs on Monday, throws everything off. I did push Tuesday and pull Wednesday. Ordinarily, I like seventy-two hours between weight session on the same muscle group. If I do push tonight, it is only fourty-eight hours. 

Why seventy-two hours? 

Lifting weights causes so much muscle damage, that you need to time for the body to repair itself before hitting it again. That is how you get stronger. You damage the muscle, and it builds itself back better than it was. The Psalmist knew this when he wrote, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made" (Psalm 139:14). God made our bodies where they will respond to training, fight off illnesses, heal themselves from injuries. Praise God. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment