Friday, February 17, 2023

Kicking Butt and Taking Names

Friday (Thursday), was a nice day at work. It's real Friday now, and as I type this, I still have not had my coffee and there is not a single cat on the bed with me. I want a cat.

Luvie just climbed up on the bed and got close. Thank you, Jesus. Where is CC?

Friday (Thursday), I taught my classes and went home. Yes, I needed and took the nap. Then I met Vicki at the pool for some more Senior Olympic Swim Meet training. When we got there, Alaina Matthews was in the pool. She was kicking butt and taking names. It was obvious that she was in training mode. It's nice to see people train and not just exercise. Not that there is anything wrong with just exercising. In fact, everything is right with exercising. But training, having a goal, a purpose, and putting in the extra work and intensity, is a beautiful thing. Before she left, we got to ask Alaina how many yards she did. Her answer: 2,400. Nice.

Vicki and I swam

  700
  350 for time
  400 easy
  10 X 25 drills, breathing patterns, and no breaths
  6 X 50 breathing patterns
  300 25/25 free/back
  total: 2,350

That was a decent practice. At home, I rested and then went to the gym. Since it was threatening rain, I did some shuffling on the treadmill instead of going out on the road. I also did my push workout and set a new PR on the overhead press machine. I did 115 on it. Next week, I will go for more. On the mill, I hit 2.7 miles, so I had a good day: work, three workouts, cat time, and wife time. Life is good. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment