Monday, October 3, 2022

9/26 - 10/2

It was another week of monkey wrenches being thrown into my schedule. When is the world going to learn that I pet cats, prepare sermons, and train? That is what I am here for.

Sigh.

Monday I shuffled 1.51 miles and mowed the front lawn. I noticed this morning that it has not grown. Yes! I will probably mow two more times and that mostly to clean up leaves.

Tuesday we had our MDCC Greenwood Center 5K. I walked over there, ran 3.03 there, and then shuffled home for another 1.49 miles. At home, I did my push workout to give myself one solid day.

Wednesday I swam 1,850 in the little pool. Then at the City, I worked push and legs and shuffled 1.65 miles on the treadmill.

Thursday morning, I met Tyler at the little pool before work and we swam 1,600 straight. Then I had to leave for the coast around noon so that knocked any further training out. We had a Curriculum Alignemt meeting at Gulf Coast Community College Friday morning. We all (the English Department) met up downstairs of the Beau and went to eat at one of the restaurants down there. The food was excellent and the price was the highest I ever paid. Not to worry. The school allegedly will reimburse us $7.00 each for our meal. But I am not holding my breath. If I receive a penny, I will be surprised.

We arrived at the Hideout from the coast at about 5:00 p.m. That gave me the opportunity to get in a run. I went out and shuffled for 6.32 miles. Then Saturday was the biggie. I ran 8.12 and did a full body blast at the gym hitting a PR on the trapbar deadlift and doing some heavy farmers carries. Yeehaa. Not only that, but both State and Ole Miss won. 

For the week, I

swam 3,152 meters,
ran 22.12 miles,
skiergged 3:30 minutes, and
lifted weights three times

Yeah, I know. Those swimming numbers need to come up. A. Lot. It's on my radar, but right now I am priortizing the run preparing for a marathon and a fifty-miler this winter and spring respectfully. A fifty-miler? Yeah, that's right. I'm crazy like that.

Not a bad week; not a really good week. It seems like I have written that line before, or something close to it. Next week, I hope to write, it was a banner training cycle. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment