Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Another Good Start

I got started right Monday by first going to the pool at 6:30. I swam

  1,200
  50 back
  total: 1,250

That's not a lot, but it's what I can do in the short time frame. As I've said before, it's better than a poke in the eye.

Monday is my long day at work. I enjoy it though in part because it's the day I have my Film as Literature class. I love teaching that class. It's the one that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning.

After work, I went to the hardware store to pick up some large lag screws for some more improvements I'm making on Plate City. Then I went to Sherwin Williams for a gallon of paint. I forgot to ask them if I could run the paint through a gold-mining sluece box to get the gold out. Have you bought paint lately? Geeze. Leave your wallet.

When I arrived home, Simon was there on the job. He is doing some small stuff on the house as well as some small stuff on Plate City. For one thing, he is putting me up a speed bag. I had two at the old place but somewhere along the way while moving and deciding what to keep and what to throw away, they disappeared. I know. But it happens. I now have the space, the place, and the desire now so a new one is coming up. Before, they hung outside where the rain and the sun beat on them constantly. Now this one will be under a roof. Yehaa.

While out there, I put in a few of those lag screws and hung some more weights cleaning the floor just a little bit. Not only that, but I lifted, push, and I enjoyed it. The weather is not so hot now and Plate City is magnificant in October. 

Yes, after lifting, I went out for a short shuffle. I am trying to save my legs for Wednesday when we should do our wellness run at work, and I lift big that day. Still, I got in 2.65 miles for my third workout of the day. Not a bad way to start the day, the week, the rest of my life. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment