Sunday, October 16, 2022

Tame Saturday

After that full Friday, I had little energy Saturday. I slept in a little, then studied first for preaching-- even though I had a guest speaker coming-- then for school. Eventurally I made it outside to do some work with banana trees. Wife stuff. Then I shifted to Plate City. I still was not feeling like doing much so I tried the old warmup extra slow trick. Besides just wanting a nap, I found that my left shoulder was pretty sore. During Friday's run, I suffered a pretty hard fall. My left shoulder and right hand took the brunt of the impact. How did I fall? I tripped, or so I thought. But when I got up and looked for what I tripped on, all I saw was flat ground. Huh? Have I gotten that old already?

That knocked out my pull workout. I still did some leg work, squats, a little bit of trap bar deadlifting, and the hip abductor/adductor machine. To that, I added some speed bag punching, which I am enjoying a lot. All of this was while Tennessee was playing Alabama. Yeah, I liked the results. My college football teams in order of devotion are: Mississippi State, LSU, Tennessee, Alabama. After that, I don't care too much. Where is Ole Miss on that list? As I told an Ole Miss fan this morning, and a fine gentelman he, I am not that good of a man. I try, I really do try, but my fallen nature rarely allows me to pull for them. 

Thus I did what I could at the gym then went inside to watch State blow another game. Praise the Lord anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment