Sunday, October 2, 2022

I Pulled It with a Smile on my Face

Saturday morning I was delighted to wake up in my own bed. After our forced trip to Biloxi-- not that I hated it, but it interfered with my training-- I was able to have a normal day. I haven't had a normal week in I don't know how many. Thus my running mileage and swimming yardage have plummeted. Not only that, but my lifting frequency has suffered. Next week, we have something else. It just keeps going.

I drank coffee. CC was happy having missed me, no doubt. And I had missed her and Baby Kitty and Luvie and River. Not only that, but I missed Pee Wee. I needed a longish run so I went out when I had gotten caught up on cats and coffee. I ran 8.12 miles to barely get my necessary miles done.

The afternoon was filled with football and eventually Plate City. Having only two gym session under my belt for the week, I needed it all, and I did it all. First, I started with a circuit of bench presses, skiergs, Swim Pulls, and heavy bag work. That covered my upper body before I shited to the legs.

For legs, I only did two sets of squat before moving to the deadlift. I warmed my deadlift up with some conventional pulling. Then I switched to the trapbar and went all the way to a new PR of 280 pounds. After that, I did Farmers' Carries going up to 104 pounds per hand. Hey, I'm not a big guy. That's 208 pounds that a small, elderly, endurance athlete carried 2 X 50 feet. And that was on top of an eight-mile run, and a PR on the deadlift.

Oh, I was watching Mississippi State verses Texas A & M at the City. One of those touchdowns fueled the PR. State scored, and I was so pumped, I slapped a couple of plates on the bar and pulled it with a smile on my face. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment