Thursday, October 27, 2022

Wednesday

Wednesday is always an exciting day for me. It's like Thursday only better. Not better than Thursday now, but better than Thursday used to be. On the four-day schedule, Wednesday is now my Thursday which is now my Friday. Yes, I like coming to work. I also like getting off work, being free to play. Thus, Wednesday has taken on a new flavor. 

Wait, haven't you guys been on the four-day for years now? 

Yeah, and it never gets old. Thank you, Jesus.

I got up and went to the pool. Remember Tuesday I swam 200 yards. I upped that to 300 Wednesday morning, and I did them by 50s. The left shoulder is well. The right one is still just a little off. Probably I could do more, but I had rather be sorry than safe so I am rebuilding very slowly. I really don't need anymore injuries.

After work, I did the Wellness Wednesday run. Katie was out due to some student obligations, but Vicki met me at the Crystal and we did an interval run. First, I walked 1.24 miles over. Then I ran 3.0 on the trail with some .2s at a faster clip thrown in. Then I shuffled home 2.44 home and around for a total of 5.44 for the day.

At Plate City, it was leg day. Squats, leg extensions, and the hip abductor/adductor machine as well as a few calf raises made for a full but fun workout. While I lifted, Deadliest Catch played on the TV. The weather was cool, just enough to need sleeves. Pee Wee was happy and barking at squirrels. I took in the neighboring trees with my eys. My legs got thrashed. That's a good thing.

So Wednesday gave me three, three workouts. The swim was not much, but I am 2.4 miles ahead of last week on the road. Also, I have lifted every day this week. Consequently, if I can keep this going, I am headed for a solid block of training. Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment