Monday, December 26, 2022

12/19 - 12/25

I was kicking butt and taking names last week. It started in the pool with a decent but not big 1,850 yards. It did not stay in the pool, however, as I moved to the road for another okay 3.51 miles. No, the gym got squeezed out because we had Over 60s in Itta Bena that night.

Tuesday, I cut loose for 2,600. It wasn't a straight swim, but I did go 2,250 straight to work those aerobic enzymes. On the road I did 9.16 and I lifted at Plate City.

Wednesday I hit 2,250 in the water, 2.38 on the road, and did some heavy leg work in the gym. I kept pace Thursday with another2,250 at the pool, but only 1.8 treadmill miles while I did light shoulder work at the City.

I did my longest straight swim in a long time, Friday, with 2,500. Also, I hit the gym hard doing both push and pull. I did not run, however, partly because it was dangerously cold outside.

Saturday was Christmas Eve, and I ran and walked to Hillbilly Heaven. I stopped my watch when I walked and I wound up with 13.28 miles of running which included shuffling up the big hill.

Of course I rested Christmas day and ate way too much food and candy. We had a really pleasant time hanging out with family.

For the week, I

  swam 10,463 meters,
  lifted weight four times, 
  skiergged 1:30 minutes, and
  ran 30.13 miles

That's a pretty solid week. Being off work, it is not too hard to get that much training done. I have one more week off, and then I go back. As usual, I am both sad and excited about returning to work. I am not yet ready to retire, but I sure enjoy my time off. I will know when that season comes. Right now, "tis the season to be jolly." I am, how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment