Friday, December 16, 2022

What's Not Good about That?

Thursday morning I was in the pool kicking butt and taking names. Not really, but I felt a little more fit. And it is nice not to have to jump out and hurry home to get ready for work. I swam

  1,850 41:30
  5 X 25 no breath
  25 breast
  3 X 50 back
  50 easy
  total: 2,200 yards

I guess you can tell that I am working on basic fitness, trying to rebuild the base. The shoulder is feeling good, and I am swimming a bit better. I hope to keep building and Plate City is set up to give me the best dryland experience possible. I should be able to get fit enough for the State Senior Olympics and the State Games of Mississippi, not to mention the Heart O' Dixie Triathuuhlon and the mystery event that I have not yet announced.

After lunch, I went Christmas shopping and got a lot done. I bought a gift. Sometimes one is a lot. Then back home, I did not go out on the road. Instead, I rested then went to Plate City. I ran on the treadmill, did light shoulder work, and punched Bob, the heavy bag, and the speed bag. On the TM, I ran 2.55 miles. Also I worked the skierg for the second time this week. The skierg is gold for swimming, but I have a love/hate relationship with that thing. It hurts so good/bad. Sometimes I just stand there and stare at it knowing I need to work on it but instead searching my mind for an excuse not to. 

*Sigh. 

Sometimes I can be wimpy like that. But I did it. It was a good day. I shopped, I drank coffee, and petted cats, I trained. What's not good about that?

No comments:

Post a Comment